Friday, August 31, 2012

The Weekend Ahead... and Country Living


Happy Labor Day weekend!  What do you have planned for the weekend?  We have a weekend planned full with family and friends!

 Every year Labor Day comes around, I get excited for fall... probably because it's the start of September.  I start thinking of pumpkin patches, cooler evenings and the leaves turning.  And I start longing to get all my fall decorations out!


Well, you're probably wondering why I'm posting again so soon... along with wishing you a happy weekend, I have some blog news I thought I'd share with you.  

It makes me slightly uncomfortable, not because I'm not absolutely thrilled, but because it's kind of hard for me to put the spotlight on myself.  This week I was notified that my little blog was nominated and chosen as a finalist for the Country Living Blue Ribbon Blogger Awards in the lifestyle category.  

What an honor... Country Living has always been my favorite magazine and my go-to source for inspiration in my home.  I've subscribed for years and read it even before I had a home of my own.  So many homes they have shared have influenced the decorating and renovations in our farmhouse.  It's a guarantee I'll have read the magazine front to back the day it comes in the mail and often I'm trying a new recipe the next day.  I can hardly believe they would visit my blog, much less like it!  

Anyway, each category will have a judged winner.  But there's also a Reader's Choice award for the blog that receives the most votes.  Now, believe me, I have no illusions about winning either award (there are some amazing blogs chosen) and I know your time is precious, but if you happen to have the time and would like to vote for Keeping it Cozy, you can click the following button and vote daily between now and September 17.


Thank you so much for your visits, encouraging comments and friendship!  It means more to me than you'll ever know.

Have a wonderful weekend! 

28 comments:

  1. I left you a comment before, but CONGRATS!! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WONDERFUL!! Congrats to you! I actually was just voting for Thistlewood Farm in a different category and saw your blog listed. I came here right away to check it out. I'm voting for you. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Just being nominated is exciting. I voted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to hear this wonderful news!! You have my vote, I don't even care who else is in this category. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted. COngratulations for making the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done and done...congrats and good luck.
    Ps.
    It should not surprise you that you are amongst some of those other blogs...your blog is great !
    Have a great weekend and talk to you soon...xo
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations- I am off to vote. You should put up a daily reminder so we all remember to go vote-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Andrea! Your blog is lovely and truly reflects country living at its finest, so you've got my vote! On my way.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats...what an honor! Just voted for ya:) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so super excited for you! I ran into this info out on FB today and voted for you earlier but I'll be back every day to vote. Way to go, it is such a well earned recognition!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to share in your exciting news Andrea! I'm off to vote right now. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm so excited for you...what an honor. I've posted the blue button on my sidebar. Hopefully it will get you a few extra votes. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! Voting for you for sure =) Have a lovely weekend, Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new follower! I just found you on the Country Living Blue Ribbon Blogger Awards. I love you blog and can't wait to read more!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats to you! just voted--fingers crossed:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!
    You got my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Awesome! I will definitely vote because I think you have a great blog too which I always enjoy.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! Your spot is well-deserved. I love your style, and your budget-friendly accomplishments!!!!
    You have my vote(s)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! That is wonderful! :) I am familiar with the magazine..I have ead it from time to time but my MOTHER reads it every month to this day...and I think she always has. She loves that magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know exactly why you were nominated!!! Your blog and home are very inspirational and perfect for a spot in CL magazine. I'm so happy for you and definately give you my vote.

    Happy weekend! And I'm so ready for fall also....looking forward to fall life at your farmhouse.
    XO Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats! Your beautiful blog truly deserves the recognition! I just voted for you. Good luck!! :) ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS!!! You deserve it! I'm voting now!

    Let me tell you the pics of this post are so so beautiful.

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey girl...just went and voted a second time. It doesn't hurt to remind us to keep voting.

    You are so deserving of this award. You truly are such a versatile, talented and gifted lady. Your home is beautiful, cozy, and farm-house perfect. And, you are so sweet and humble.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So excited for you to be selected. You and your husband are a great team. Your photography is beautiful and your shares are informative to inspirational and heart warming. Love your blog. Hope you win. You have my vote endlessly, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Introduced to your blog by Ann from On Sutton Place. I am one of your most recent followers and I voted for your blog which I do admire. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign